I, the above named participant and undersigned, hereby acknowledge that I will participate in in Berean Christian Church College Retreat(hereinafter “BCC’s College Retreat” or “BCC’s Activity”) to Orlando, Florida. BCC’s College Retreat shall depart Saturday, September 2, 2017, 6 a.m. and return Monday, September 4, 2017, at or about 8:00 pm. I understand this activity involves highway travel as well as overnight stays in or near Orlando, Florida. I understand and acknowledge that Berean Christian Church, Inc. (“Berean”) is the legal entity that will provide and operate the vehicle(s) for this activity. .
As a condition of and in consideration of permitting me to participate in the BCC’s Activity and travel, I freely and voluntarily agree to sign this ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT form (“Release”) in the space provided below indicating acknowledgment and agreement with the following:
- I understand the BCC’s Activity’s departure and return site is Berean Christian Church, 2201 Young Rd., Stone Mountain, Georgia 30088. I understand the BCC’s Activity shall commence at the time of departure from Berean’s premises and end upon return to Berean’s premises as stated above. I understand Berean staff and/or ministry volunteers shall accompany BCC’s Activity participants while traveling from the departure site to destination sites and destination sites to the return site (including, but not limited to, places of lodging, restaurants, fuel stations, entertainment, activities, tourist attractions, historical sites, monuments, and/or rest areas).
- ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: I certify that I am in good physical and mental health and able to travel without medical supervision. Iunderstand and agree that it is impossible to eliminate all risk involved in domestic travel, which may include private or public vehicle (car,van or shuttle bus), and/or local transportation systems, including places of lodging, dining and entertainment, and many other factors outside the control of Berean. The risk may range in severity from minor to serious and could include even death. With my understanding of these risks, I hereby voluntarily agree to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with my participation, travel, lodging, dining, entertainment, and touring in such activity or program, including, merely observing an activity or program
- RELEASE, WAIVER and HOLD HARMLESS: I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives or assigns, do hereby knowingly, freely and voluntarily RELEASE, WAIVE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, and DISCHARGE Berean Christian Church, Inc., its board of directors, officers, pastors, employees, volunteers, agents and affiliate entities (hereinafter collectively “Indemnified Party”) from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, including negligence resulting in personal injury, accidents, or illness (including death), and property damage, breach of contract, judgements, demands or loss arising from, but not limited to, my participation in BCC’s Activity. I further agree to INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Indemnified Party from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my actions, behavior or inactions during BCC’s Activity
- I understand and agree that the Indemnified Party ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY whatsoever in connection with the operation, safety,condition, service or failure to adhere to a published schedule of any vehicle, vessel, hotel, inn, lodging, place of business or restaurant,etc. which BCC’s Activity participants may use for services during BCC’s Activity.
- I agree that I will conduct myself in a responsible manner at all times during BCC’s College Retreat program, follow the established itinerary,and to refrain from the use of alcohol or illegal drugs. I will not break curfew, nor break any municipal, state or federal law or have disruptiveor unsafe behavior. I will comply with all group rules and standards which are presented by Berean or by BCC’s College Retreat adult leaders. I agree that if I do not comply with all group rules and standards, I may be sent home at my expense and waive the right to a refund of any and all fees.
- I understand that I am responsible for any damage I may cause while on BCC’s Activity to the destination facility, dining facility, or other facilities, transportation, and I agree to pay for any such damages that I may cause and not hold the Indemnified Party responsible.
- I understand and agree that the Indemnified Party, its agents and Berean College Ministry leaders, reserves the right, either prior to or after departure, in its good faith discretion, to change any part of the planned destination sites as necessary. Changes may include, but are not limited to, the right of Indemnified Party, its agents and ministry leaders to alter or omit any point of the itinerary, to substitute restaurant, activities, leaders, or to change any means of transportation without notice and without allowance for a refund, with the liability for increased costs, if any, to be the responsibility of the participants.
- If a dispute over this RELEASE or any claim for damages arises on my behalf, I agree to resolve the matter through a mutually acceptable alternative dispute resolution process. If the parties hereto cannot agree upon such process, the dispute will be submitted to a three-member arbitration panel for resolution in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association
- Should any portion of this RELEASE be deemed to be unenforceable or contrary to public policy, the remaining portions of this RELEASE shall survive and be enforceable. This RELEASE shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED PARTICIPANT, CERTIFY THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, COMPETENT AND TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, I HAVE PROVIDED TRUE, CORRECT AND ACCURATE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT, AND I HAVE READ THE ABOVE ASSUMPTION OF RISKS, WAIVER, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT PROVISIONS AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS CONTAINED IN EACH PROVISION, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING MY RIGHT TO SUE. I
UNDERSTAND THAT BEREAN CHRISTIAN CHURCH, INC., ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, PASTORS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS, AND AFFILIATE ENTITIES, IN REQUESTING AND RECEIVING THIS RELEASE, HAVE RELIED UPON THE SAME IN ALLOWING MY PARTICIPATION IN BEREAN CHRISTIAN CHURCH’S ACTIVITY. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.