Scholarship Program 2018
- DEADLINE for receipt of the scholarship applications is March 19, 2018, 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions).
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference letters, evidence of GPA, etc.). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If any question/statement does not apply to you in this application please put “N/A” in the space.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will not be considered.
- You will be contacted in April to schedule an interview with the Berean Scholarship Team.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please call Dr. Mason at (770) 323-2377.
NOTE: Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student in two parts, beginning of Fall and Spring semester of attendance at an accredited college or university.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to at least twenty (20) deserving members of Berean Christian Church who are graduating high school seniors intending to pursue post-high school course of study at an accredited college/university or other post-secondary educational institution.
Award Components: A minimum of twenty (20) $1000 (or more) scholarships and individual certificates to be awarded to at least twenty (20) students selected by the Berean Christian Church Scholarship Team.
- Applicant must be a member of Berean Christian Church (DeKalb), for at least six (6) months.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
- Applicant must demonstrate positive impact and involvement – in the complete sense – in school, church, and the community, as determined through application and letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must have minimum unweighted G.P.A. of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and maintain a G.P.A. of 2.0 during 1st semester of college to receive full scholarship amount.
- Applicant must be accepted at and attend an accredited 2 or 4 year college/university. (Verification of enrollment must be presented before any funds will be disbursed)
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly) AND a resume.
- Two (2) SIGNED letters of recommendations from the following: (1) Community Member – an employer, community member, club sponsor, coach, or individual with significant knowledge of applicant’s character, experience and involvement; and (2) Church Member- a person who is an active member of Berean Christian Church DeKalb (guideline included in this packet). Letters may NOT come from family members.
- An official and recent high school transcript, in a sealed envelope, showing cumulative grade point average and class standing/rank.
- Essay. On a separate sheet, please address the following questions, in 300-500 words:
How has Berean Christian Church impacted your life and how have you impacted Berean?
In what ways has your faith impacted your life? Share your personal religious beliefs and give specific examples of how your beliefs guide you in how you live your daily life.
Why is the Berean Christian Church scholarship important to you?
- Black and white or color photo – can be either a head shot or full body./li>
Deadline for the application is March 19, 2018 (5:00pm).
Applications received after this date will not be considered (no exceptions).